Mirrors have been used to add sophistication and style to any home for centuries. From reflecting natural light into a room to creating an illusion of more space, mirrors can instantly transform your home from dull and lifeless to vibrant and full of life. But with so many styles available, it can be hard to choose which one is right for you. In this article, we’ll explore the different styles of mirrors that are available, as well as how they can be used to improve your space.
Just like living and working spaces, mirrors come in all shapes and sizes. And choosing the right kind of mirror can breathe new life into a room.
Instead of discussing the benefits of mirror placement around the home, this article will walk you through different types and styles of mirrors.
Rounded and geometric mirrors
Let’s start with rounded mirrors. Rounded mirrors can mean anything from oval or circular to organic shapes with rounded edges, such as a pond mirror. Some popular kinds that are well worth a browse are:
- Wooden mirrors. These kinds of mirrors have a wooden base, usually a slice of tree trunk, which is used as a frame to the mirror. Adding an earthy theme yet equally trendy, wooden mirrors are subtly creeping their way towards top tier trend status.
- An assortment of smaller mirrors coming together to form a circle can make an outstanding statement piece. This style of mirror can also fit in many different rooms, from bedrooms to hallways and bathrooms.
- A wavy mirror is another showstopper. Usually built inside a large, rectangular frame, these elegant mirrors can be and have been showcased in an assortment of spaces. Think art exhibitions, commercial spaces, and high ceilings.
Geometric shaped mirrors are also popular for their versatility and personality. Some popular types of these include:
- Body length mirrors. These types tend to come in a geometric outlay that can fit in a corner or placed as a centerpiece otherwise.
- Geometric frames offer an eye catching way to bring a space together. Resembling more of a work of art than a mirror, geometric mirror frames can be placed abstractly as a surrounding piece to the mirror itself.
- Mirrors that are made to resemble a geode or precious stone is a statement piece all on its own.
The Different Styles of Mirrors
There are many different styles of mirrors that can be used to improve your space. Some of the most popular styles include:
-Framed mirrors: These mirrors come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and can be made from a variety of materials including wood, metal, and plastic. They are typically hung on the wall, but can also be freestanding.
-Unframed mirrors: These mirrors do not have a frame, and are usually made from a single piece of glass. They can be hung on the wall or placed on a shelf or table.
-Full-length mirrors: These mirrors are large enough to reflect your entire body, and are typically hung on the wall.
-Decorative mirrors: These mirrors come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and can be made from a variety of materials including glass, metal, wood, and plastic. They are typically used as accent pieces, and can be hung on the wall or placed on a shelf or table.
The Different Materials Used in Mirrors
There are a few different materials that are commonly used in mirrors. The most common is glass, but mirrors can also be made from metal, plastic, and even wood.
Glass is the most popular material for mirrors because it is durable and provides a clear reflection. It is also easy to clean and maintain. Metal mirrors are also popular because they can be found in a variety of finishes that can complement any décor. Plastic mirrors are a good choice for those who want a lighter weight option. Wooden mirrors can add a touch of warmth to any space.
How Mirrors Can Improve Your Space
Mirrors can be a great addition to any space, whether you’re looking to add a focal point or simply brighten up a room. Here are a few ways that mirrors can improve your space:
1. Mirrors can make a room look brighter and more open.
2. Mirrors can reflect light, making a small space appear larger.
3. Mirrors can be used to create interesting visual effects and add depth to a room.
4. Mirrors can be used to add a touch of luxury to any space.
5. Mirrors can be both functional and decorative, so they’re perfect for any room in the house.
Mirror Placement Tips
When it comes to mirrors, placement is everything. A well-placed mirror can make a small space feel more open, brighten up a dark room, or simply add a touch of style to your décor. Here are a few tips on how to place mirrors in your home:
-Hang a mirror opposite a window: This will reflect natural light and make the room feel brighter.
-Place a mirror near an entryway: This will create the illusion of a larger space and welcome guests as they enter your home.
-Use mirrors to accentuate artwork: Hang a mirror above or beside a piece of art to draw attention to it.
-Add mirrors to empty wall space: Mirrors are a great way to fill up an empty wall and add interest to a room.
-Create the illusion of more windows: Place mirrors in strategic positions around the room to reflect light and create the illusion of additional windows.
Mirrors are an essential part of any space, and can be used to improve the look and feel of your home. With so many different styles available, you’re sure to find one that adds a touch of sophistication or a pop of color to your living space. Whether it’s a large frame mirror for your bedroom or small decorative ones throughout your house, adding mirrors can make all the difference in creating a beautiful home. Start exploring today to find out which type is right for you!