Last Updated on January 13, 2023 by Kravelv
Moving to a new home can be a stressful experience, especially when it comes to fragile items. These items require extra care and attention during the moving process to ensure they arrive at your new home in one piece. In this article, we’ll go over some tips for safely moving your fragile items to your new home.
Before You Move
1. Plan Ahead: It’s important to plan ahead when moving fragile items. This means taking inventory of your fragile items and deciding which items will need the most care during the move. Consider hiring Sydney removalists that specializes in handling fragile items. They will have the right equipment and experience to make sure your items are packed and moved safely.
2. Get Packing Supplies: Make sure you have the right packing supplies for your fragile items. You’ll need bubble wrap, packing peanuts, foam, packing tape, and sturdy boxes or containers. If you have large or oddly-shaped items, consider using furniture pads or moving blankets to protect them during transport.
3. Pack Carefully: When it comes to packing fragile items, it’s important to take your time and pack them carefully. Use bubble wrap to cushion your items and fill any empty space with packing peanuts or foam. Use packing tape to secure the boxes or containers and label them as fragile.
During the Move
1. Keep Fragile Items Together: It’s best to keep all of your fragile items together in one place. This will make it easier to keep track of them during the move and to ensure they are handled carefully. If you’re hiring removalists, make sure to inform them of where your fragile items are located so they can be handled with extra care.
2. Use Furniture Dolly: Use a furniture dolly to transport large or heavy fragile items. This will make it easier to move these items and will help prevent damage. Remember to secure the items in place on the dolly with straps or ropes.
3. Loading the Truck: When loading the truck, make sure to put your fragile items on top of other items, to avoid any damage during the transport. Make sure they are padded enough as well. It’s also a good idea to load fragile items on the truck last and unload them first at your new home, to minimize the time they spend in transit.
After You Move
1. Unpack Carefully: Once you’ve arrived at your new home, it’s important to unpack your fragile items carefully. Take your time and be sure to remove all packing materials, such as bubble wrap and packing peanuts, gently.
2. Check for Damage: Carefully inspect your fragile items for any damage that may have occurred during the move. If you notice any damage, take note of it and contact your movers or insurance company as soon as possible.
3. Properly Store or Display: Once you’ve unpacked your fragile items, make sure to properly store or display them. This means placing them in a safe, secure location, away from direct sunlight or other hazards. If you’re displaying items, be sure to use the appropriate lighting and support to keep them safe.
Moving fragile items can be a daunting task, but with proper planning and care, you can ensure that your items arrive at your new home safely. Consider hiring removalists who have experience handling fragile items and make sure to follow the above tips to make your move as smooth as possible.