Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Mirrors are a great way to reflect light and make a space seem larger. In fact, these can add a whole lot of warmth to a place when used in a right manner. However, you don’t have to stick to the usual circles, squares, or rectangles when it comes to mirrors. Get a mirror fabricator and have custom mirrors made to make your place stand out. If you are unsure of how to go about using custom mirrors in a setting, here are a few tips that will help you out.
Frameless custom mirrors
Use a frameless wall mirror on one side of a small room to make it seem larger. Without a frame, maximum amount of light would be reflected in your room. If you have a fireplace in your room, then installing the frameless custom mirror above the fireplace can impart a lot more warmth to your place.
If you have a horizontal mirror instead, install it above the sofa. In that way, you get to focus a lot of light in the areas in your drawing room or living room. Custom mirrors in small squares will be a great way to decorate the entire length of your wardrobe. If you are space crunch, use a full length custom mirror on one side of your wardrobe. It will save your space and will give you a dressing mirror too for getting ready in the morning. Which mainly helps to increase your home’s look attractive.
When installing custom mirrors?
According to feng shui principles, mirrors should be installed in a way in which they reflect a lot of what you desire in life. For instance, if you want more money in your life, mirrors in your room should be placed such that they reflect the image of your almirah or a similar place where you keep your money. Similarly, if you want your relationships to improve, place your mirrors in a way that they reflect faces of your family members the maximum amount of time.
Feng shui also states that things with severe angles should be kept to a bare minimum. Thus, if you are thinking of going crazy with pentagon custom mirrors or the like, make sure you don’t go overboard with it. If you want to go different, go circular, since not many people use circular mirrors in their homes.
How to shape a mirror?
Getting custom mirrors designed by seasoned fabricators is always advised. However, if you are feeling a little adventurous, or you are short of money, you can always try doing it yourself.
- Get a wheel cutter and an uncut mirror.
- Clean the mirror thoroughly and leave it to dry. Make sure you get every speck of dirt possible.
- Place the mirror flat on a surface. Place your wheel cutter vertically over the mirror.
- Apply just enough pressure on the mirror such that you start to hear a screeching sound. If you don’t hear a screeching sound, you are not applying enough pressure. If you apply too much pressure though, you will see tiny particles breaking away from the mirror. These could harm your wheel cutter.
- The wheel cutters will help you get the rough pattern you have in mind. In order to smoothen out the design you will need a pair of pliers.
- Once you have done the smoothening up job, use a mirror sealant to finish the job. You can easily get a mirror sealant at your local hardware store. After following these steps now you have your custom mirror ready. Make sure you have first aid at the ready though when you are cutting glass yourself, especially if you are doing it for the first time.