Last Updated on March 24, 2022 by Kravelv
Cleaning of curtains is extremely important for the maintenance of the air quality inside the house and also for the purpose of maintaining the aesthetics of the house. The curtains easily attract dust particles and therefore even a clean looking curtain can have layers and layers of dust and dirt on it. Curtains are the most traditional forms of screen for the doors and windows of the house and therefore with all other functions of a curtain, it also enhances the interior look of the house Curtains have to be cleaned regularly more so because curtains are the most striking indoor enhancement accessories and a visitor tends to notice the curtains first.
Cleaning of Curtains
Cleaning of curtains can be done simply by washing them in soft detergents after soaking it in lukewarm water for a couple of hours. It involves a lot of time and labor in cleaning and maintaining them. One of the most difficult things about cleaning the curtains is the fact that they the cleaning procedure depends on the fabric quality and therefore before cleaning them, it is extremely important to identify the fabric of the curtain. In case the fabric is difficult to identify then the best way is to clean as suggested in the cleaning manual. The other best solution is by dry cleaning curtains.
Dry Cleaning Curtains
Dry cleaning curtains are curtains that can be cleaned only by dry cleaning. Dry cleaning is a method by which a fabric dry cleaning curtains in this case) that is suitable for dry cleaning is cleaned using special cleansers without any water. In most of the cases, it is suggested that a dry cleaning should be better given to a professional. There will be many dry cleaning centers near your locality who will undertake this work.
Cleaning Dry cleaning Curtains at Home
Dry cleaning curtains if washed with water or other soft detergents or at high temperatures then it is likely to damage the curtains. If you are having a costly curtain that is not marked for water cleaning and also soft fabrics like cotton or linen, then they can be dry cleaned at home. Let us examine the steps to do this job yourselves at home:
- Shake the curtains well before dry cleaning them. It is very important that if your curtains are not cleaned since a long time then it is good to shake off the dust from the curtains.
- If there is a mark of stain on the curtain then it is important to remove the stains before dry-cleaning them. Using a stain remover can be the best option. But while you are using a stain remover be very careful. Before applying it over the stains use a little in one spot of the curtain and see if the coloration and the material are compatible with the stain remover. Make sure that you only use the stain remover at the stained spots only instead of using it all over the curtain.
- Place the curtains on the dry cleaning bag that comes with the dry cleaning kit.
- After that, place the dry cleaning sheet inside the bagand zip the bag well.
- Then set on the dryer for around half an hour (keeping inside for more time can cause more wrinkles in the curtains). Make sure to keep the temperature medium so that the fabric is safe.
- After half an hour spread the curtains on a wide area and allow them to dry off.
- You can attempt this on some old clothes first, before trying it out on the curtain so that you learn the trick of the trade before you actually attempt to dry clean costlier materials.
These are a few essential tips you should know about dry cleaning curtains. Keep in touch, get more information!
Comments are closed.