Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
It may be the entire house, or it could only be a section or room that needs a new coat of paint; whatever may be the case, it is inevitable that mess will be created during the period. Painting the house every few years should not be missed; splashing different colors in the room can be refreshing.
Additionally, it helps to uplift the appearance of the private spaces in addition to making an individualistic statement. You can either choose loud colors for expressing boldness or the pastel shades for a somber feel.
It is also a well-known fact that surfaces become soiled due to paint being splattered all over when the process is underway. Therefore, there is need to protect the household items before commencing the work. In our efforts to make the task easier for you, we have listed several tips on maintaining the cleanliness of the planes through the phase.
- The furniture and removable items must be removed from the room, if possible. These could include hardware items such as hinges, handles, door knobs, doorbells, smoke detectors, electrical switch covers, and electrical outlets. This is important to prevent them from getting stained with color. The immovable items should be masked with canvas sheets.
- For those areas that you do not want to be painted, try applying masking tape or blue painter’s tape on them to keep them covered. These could include light switches, outlet covers, adjacent walls and window trimmers. Also, use a putty knife to run down the tape for better sealing. Otherwise, there is a possibility of the paint bleeding through.
- Blue painter’s tape is preferred over masking tape because a sticky residue is left behind with the latter and is difficult to scrape off. Additionally, paint can seep through masking tape which will leave you with paint bleeds.
- With blue painter’s tape, these problems are avoided. The seal can be kept for a couple of days and still be removed with ease. Also, it does not buckle and is highly effective in preventing the paint from bleeding.
- It is also important to clean the walls and keep them dust-free before applying the first coat of paint. As a result of removing the debris, the paint will stick to the walls.
- Cover the floor with canvas drop cloths. Do not use paper or plain cloth as the paint can easily seep through these coverings and stain the floors. There are various benefits of using these materials: they are not slippery; and, these coverings easily absorb the splatters. You must yet clean the big spills on the canvas; otherwise, the pain could bleed.
- There is no need for an outsized cloth; a few meters of canvas textile is ideal for keeping the floor protected along the length of the wall. Also, these are easily portable and can be moved from one corner to another easily.
- You must also consider using sanding paper to sand the walls. By doing so, the nail holes in the ridges are flattened-out. Additionally, it facilitates the removal of the burrs from the trim. Where wooden surfaces are concerned, use a sanding sponge for reaching the crevices.
- Filling holes or patching cracks with joint compound should also be followed; this process is called priming. If not done, it could result in the walls appearing dull because the moisture is sucked. For this reason, it is advisable to prime the walls before the application of paint. Also, use tinted primer and not a plain primer for making the walls look vibrant.
- It is also recommended to apply something like a spray-on bedliner for keeping the surfaces clean. These vinyl-like coatings are increasingly being used by pickup owners to protect the whole truck, and not only the beds, free from scratches and dings. Nowadays, these protective plastic coverings are also being considered for the safeguarding of the household facades during the whitewashing expeditions.
This is because scratches do not develop when they are sprayed. Moreover, if you apply something like a spray-on bedliner the planes are kept clean, rust-free, and uncontaminated. Furthermore, these products are also recommend-worthy by their durability features.
In addition to these tips, there are several other considerations that need to be paid attention to, in your attempts at maintaining the surfaces clean when painting your pad. Nevertheless, we hope that these suggestions are rendered useful to some extent.
Alva Russel contributes online towards the automobile industry. He also shares information, tips and tricks on the various hacks people can take into account when conducting their work with ease.