Last Updated on August 10, 2023 by Kravelv
Remember the time you first laid eyes on your home? Recreate that “love at first sight” feeling with a few property changes. Learn how to fall in love with your home again with these fantastic tips.
Change the Interior Design
It’s hard to love a home that doesn’t reflect your style or taste. That’s why it’s time to change the interior design! Some ways to create a home design that reflects your personality includes choosing décor based on your interests and experimenting with textiles.
Think of ways to incorporate your hobbies and interests into your home. For example, cinema memorabilia and posters are excellent home décor options for movie lovers.
You can also experiment with various textiles like silk, wool, and cotton. Add new cotton sheets to your bed or a silk blanket to an armchair to create a cozy feel.
Changing your interior is all about embracing your style and creating an aesthetic that matches your taste.
Clean With Intention
Cleaning with intention is another way to fall in love with your home again. You probably have a routine cleaning schedule, but there are ways to go above and beyond. Instead of just mopping your hardwood floors, polish them too! The extra shine improves your space. You can also deep clean your home once a month to boost the overall appearance. This initiative makes your property more inviting, tidy, and attractive.
Appeal to Your Senses
Appeal to your senses with a few sensory changes. Alter the things you see, hear, touch, smell, and taste. Here’s how to do it:
- Sight: Physically change your space with new features or décor. Add fresh flowers to your coffee table, new wallpaper in the living room, or artwork in your bedroom. Incorporate visually pleasing elements into your property.
- Sound: Add nature sounds with a new water feature or install a fireplace to hear the crackle of wood.
- Touch: Place a fluffy pillow on your couch, add a new rug to your living room, or incorporate throw blankets around your home.
- Smell: Use scented candles or an oil diffuser to improve the scent of your home. You can use seasonal aromas to enhance your space too!
- Taste: Place a jar of candy on your table to give yourself access to sweet treats (and as a decoration).
Boost Curb Appeal
Your exterior is the first thing you notice about your home. If you have lackluster lawn décor or an overall dreary appearance, boost curb appeal with new elements. You can install a new front door, put a water feature in your lawn, or update the front gate. The choice is yours!