Last Updated on November 4, 2021 by Kravelv
When you are planning to install balustrade in your home or in any commercial space, an exceptional option to have by your side is glass balustrading. Not only are these versatile systems attractive, but at the same time, they offer a host of advantages. This is the reason why more and more modern homes and commercial properties are opting for these balustrades over the conventional options.
Glass Balustrades are used for their ability to act as a safety barrier, some sort of fencing that are installed at the sides of the staircases, balconies and swimming pools. Choosing the right kind of Glass Balustrades for your space is an essential as these not only provide support and prevent people from falling but it also enhances the look of an area. These glass balustrades are fast becoming a popular design product amongst many homes and commercial spaces. Due to the inherent ability of these glass balustrades to define spaces successfully whilst remaining beautiful and open is one of its best quality features.
Moreover, the glass balustrades are 100% safe to use, as manufacturers commonly utilize advance technology to comply with the relevant building regulations. These balustrades are an effective alternative for metal and wood balustrades.
Due to their versatility, these balustrades have found their place in a wide range of applications. These include the balcony, stairway, and most importantly pool fences. When it comes to choosing the best one for your space, then there are certain factors that you must consider.
Qualities to Look for in Glass Balustrades for Home and Commercial use:
You should consider five vital qualities when searching for the appropriate glass balustrading system for your home or any commercial spaces:
- The thickness of glass: The glass panel are commonly used in the making of balustrades range from 5mm to 12mm. It should be noted that the thickness that you choose is of utmost importance. If you opt for frameless glass, then make sure that you select at least 12mm thick ones, while 10mm thick glass would be suitable for semi-frameless options.
- Stipulated Building Standards: The panels that you choose must comply with the stipulated building safety standards. Glass balustrading have an international hallmark of safety portraying that the manufacturers have followed strict standards during the production.
- Dimensions of the area: The standard glass has an average height of 1200mm, while the width can be anything around 1500-1900mm. Fortunately, several companies out there provide you the opportunity to customize the dimensions of the balustrades according to the width and height of your required space. However, for this, you need to measure the accurate dimensions of the area and then look for the same.
- Special Features of Glass Panels: Considering the increasing demand of glass balustrading system there are many developed panels that have made their way to the market. These panels offer special feature such as protection against UV radiations of sun, heat dissipation, break resistant, and more. You can choose either one or the combination of finest features in order to make the most of it.
- Aesthetics: At last, focusing on the aesthetic appeal of the balustrade is essential. The one that you select must blend with the beauty of your home or your commercial property. Because at the end of the day, the balustrades are not only important for safety, but at the same time, they must be visually appealing too.
There you have it! These are five crucial factors. Hence, you need to make a note of these factors when looking for the ultimate glass balustrades for your home or property.
What Are the Expenses Involved in the Installation of Glass Balustrading?
Besides identifying the best glass balustrading system for your property, it is equally important to look after the various expenses that will be involved in its installation. A wide range of factors influences this, including the following:
- Type of balustrading system you choose (frameless, semi-frameless, or framed)
- The thickness and dimensions of the balustrading system, and
- Various components that will be required for the installation
No matter, which glass balustrade you choose, make sure that you hire a credible professional for its apt installation. Because at the end of the day, the balustrades will never be able to serve its purpose until it is installed properly. Hence, hire the reliable and experienced professional for the installation of the same.