Last Updated on March 14, 2022 by Kravelv
Cleaning the house is a chore that takes hours & hours of hard work. Therefore, most of the people end up calling the professional services to finish their task and voila! But, did you ever wonder, what makes them so efficient? Well, we did! It is some of their top secret tips and tricks that can help you clean your home, if you are on a budget and want to save some time too.
Professional Home Cleaning Secrets To Begin With
If anyone knows a thing or two about quick yet efficient cleaning, they are the home cleaning professionals. It is because, over a period of time with a variety of experience, they have accumulated and learnt some awesome tips and tricks to clean a home in an effortless manner. Here are a few to begin with:
- First of all, they clear all the clutter so they can start with a blank slate.
- Their secret to efficient dusting is microfiber cloth. If you don’t have one use a 100% cotton rag instead of the terrycloth towels or polyester.
- They know the trick to quickly make a bed. Tag the sheet to the corners.
- They always vacuum before they mop & leave the bathroom for the last.
- They know the fact that cleansing products take time to work.
- They love your pantry to make their favorite and extremely effective cleansers.
- To clean every inch of the home, they always have a toothbrush in hand.
So, let’s get started, shall we?
The truth is no one, seriously, no one loves dusting. But, if you want to begin cleaning your house like a pro, begin with it. The reason why professionals from Chicago cleaning services and others perform this task is because it gives them an opportunity to pick things up off the floor, fluff the pillows and cushion and do the basic tidying.
- Instead of picking up each item and dusting under it, take time to move the items prior to dusting. Follow a system to keep focused. If you want to place the item removed at the same place, take pictures with your cell phone or camera before you start. Use a microfiber cloth to clean everything. However, to clean the tops of the ceiling fan blades, use a pillow case to wipe off the dust.
- Never ever forget to clean your baseboard. They are one of the key elements to make the house look clean. Use a damp mop or vacuum to clean them thoroughly. In addition, use a damp cloth with a little cleaning product to look after the door jams and switch plates too. Places like these are easy to miss.
Since it is one of the most used rooms in the house, it can get dirty pretty fast. You don’t need to wait for something special to make this work. All you need are the right cleaning tools to get started with. And, before that, a little de-cluttering is immensely important. So, go through the entire kitchen and remove anything that does not belong there.
- Once the de-cluttering is done, begin with the fridge. Be sure to wipe the door panel, handle and the tops of the fridge with a mild cleanser. Do not forget to clean and polish the little appliances too, such as coffee makers, toasters, microwaves, etc. However, it is the stove that creates a challenge. Remove the greasy top plates and place them in the oven coated with the cleanser for at least 30 minutes.
- While cleaning under the kitchen sinks and the garbage area, harsh chemical odor can linger on for a long time. Because of this very reason, the highly qualified professionals of the Chicago house cleaning services make their own cleaning solutions using borax, washing soda, vinegar and baking soda.
Bathrooms are one of the most important areas of the house that require more attention on a regular basis than any other place. Over a period of time, most of us get used to how our bathroom looks. But, if you want it to clean the way professionals do, then try looking at your bathroom as someone who has never seen it before.
- Begin with mirrors and use foam glass cleaners to make the mirrors stay clean for a long time. If it doesn’t work, try using vinegar and water to remove the stains and any build up left from the products. It also has the power to remove the grime from an old showerhead. Just tie a bag of vinegar around it and leave it to dissolve overnight.
- To clean the surface of the bathtub and tiles, Chicago cleaning services has one of the best-kept secrets. Using the hottest water from the tap, they heat them up by 10 degrees above the normal air temperature. Drain it, then spray the antibacterial cleanser in the tub and on the tile walls, counters, floors, etc. They start from the highest surface and work their way down. Then, allow it to sit for a while, scrub, rinse it off and then dry it off.
So, are you all ready to clean your home? You can also look for tips to cure renovation cleanup hangover.
Lindsey Hill shares diverse perspectives on the home improvement industry in US. She has devoted his time to write on issues like encouraging people to use organic products at home, making home look beautiful at low budget and house cleaning services in Chicago. She gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties and places. She has a master’s degree in journalism from Northwestern University.