Kitchen Pantry Ideas for Small Spaces: How to Optimize Your Storage
Last Updated on August 27, 2022 by Kravelv
Like most people, you have limited space in your kitchen. Unfortunately, no two kitchens are the same; many aren’t large enough to fit a full-sized pantry. So if you have limited kitchen space, don’t worry!
We have some thrifty ideas for small spaces that allow you to express your creativity. Kitchen pantries are ideal for organizing and storing food, but they can be challenging to fit into a small kitchen. This post will give you some tips on optimizing your storage in a small kitchen and installing a functional food pantry!
What Are Some Kitchen Pantry Ideas For Small Spaces?
Homeowners often have to figure out how to optimize their space in the few cabinets they have; it’s not always an easy process to start. You can’t just consider the food items you have, but also dishes, silverware, cooking appliances, and more.
You need to plan for your kitchen pantry to help you use the space most efficiently. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use tension rods to create extra space – Tension rods can be placed horizontally or vertically and are
- Maximize space in the cabinets with Pull-Outs – these work great in deep cabinets and help you recover lost space.
- Stacked Shelves – stacked shelves inside cabinets will give you a more compact but functional space for storage. Ideally, you can double-stack canned food on wire racks.
- Corner Cabinets? No problem – Generally, corner cabinets aren’t appropriately utilized to provide the most functional space. However, installing a Lazy Susan or turntable can help you make the most of these problematic spaces.
- Use small organizers with dividers – plenty of organizers with dividers that work well to organize small, awkward, everyday items that don’t necessarily fit in one category (or drawer). You can use multiple organizers and stack them as needed.
- Use a Kitchen Cart – Kitchen carts are a great way to add extra storage and workspace to a small kitchen. They come in many different styles and can be used for food prep and dining.
These are just a few ideas for creating a functional kitchen pantry in a small space. Be creative and think outside the box to make the most of your limited space!
How to Prepare Your Kitchen For Installing Pantry Ideas
A well-stocked kitchen pantry is a cook’s best friend. If you’re short on space, you’ll need to prepare your room for a possible renovation.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare your kitchen for installing a food pantry:
- Assess what you currently have – What do you have in your kitchen? Decide what can be relocated or eliminated. This will help you figure out how much space you have to work with and what type of storage solutions will work best.
- Purge your pantry – Once you’ve decided what you’re keeping, it’s time to purge your pantry of expired or non-perishable items. This will make room for new, more organized storage solutions. Then give it a good cleaning; donate any food or unused items.
- Determine available space – After taking stock of your kitchen items, you’ll need to determine how much space you have for a food pantry. This will help you decide which storage solutions will work best for your area.
- Measure your space – Once you’ve determined how much space you have to work with, it’s time to measure the area. This will ensure that the selected storage solutions will fit properly in your room.
Now that you’ve prepared your kitchen for a food pantry, you can start planning your storage solutions! Keep these tips in mind as you select shelving and racks or do a gut renovation. With some planning, you can create a functional and stylish food pantry that will make your kitchen more organized and efficient.
How to Optimize Your Storage And Construct Your Pantry Solutions
Your kitchen is the heart of your home; it’s where you cook, eat, and entertain. So, it’s no surprise that you want it to be functional and stylish; a full pantry would add a perfect bow to your kitchen’s gift. Unfortunately, small or awkward spaces impede the functionality of your kitchen.
Considering the space and the amount of storage you need, here are more ideas you can execute:
Tap A Recessed Wall
If you have one, this is the perfect place to install some shelves; it can even fit between studs. You can use ready-made shelving or have custom shelving built.
A Walk-In Pantry With Adjustable Shelving
This is the ideal option if you have the space; you can use every square inch to store your food, small appliances, and other kitchen items. Walk-ins can be lined with open shelves or cabinets and could do with a countertop. They are generally between 5 and 5 feet long.
You can always modify things with adjustable shelves to better suit your needs. For example, put bottom shelves in and space them for larger items. Then make the shelves at eye level but far enough apart to fit cereal boxes and other containers.
Shelves meant for spices or cans may only need 6 inches from front to back. Also, when planning to put something, leave two extra vertical feet so you can easily take items out as needed.
Built-In Pantry Cabinets
This idea pairs well with the walk-in option, but you can also execute it independently. For example, you can use every inch of space in your kitchen by installing cabinets that go all the way to the ceiling. You can also extend them into an unused closet or another room to create a built-in food pantry on a wall without windows or appliances.
Furthermore, you can attach doors to the space that opens into the kitchen, so everything remains hidden when not in use. Don’t stop there; you could also add pull-out drawers, racks, and other storage solutions to make things more accessible.
No matter your budget or available space, there’s a food pantry solution that’s right for you. With some planning and creativity, you can have the kitchen of your dreams.
Kitchen Remodel Cleveland With Element Design Build Remodel
If you’re planning a kitchen remodel in Cleveland, contact Element Design Build Remodel. They’ll work with you to create a functional and stylish kitchen that meets your needs. In addition, they’ll help you select the proper storage solutions and finishes to complete your perfect kitchen. They are Cleveland’s Top Home Renovators and have been in business for over eight years. Kitchen Remodeling is one of their core services, and they have completed numerous kitchen renovations in the Cleveland area. Call them today for a free consultation.