Planning to remodel your home? Wish to decorate your room ceilings with the finest cornices? All those who are nodding their heads in a big ‘Yes’ must go ahead to hunt for the highest quality of cornice. No doubt, cornices are the best way to ornament any room or building, especially when you wish to restore an older building or give the new construction an antique look of architectural style.
However, buying the right type may become difficult, with so many designs and styles available. Right from measuring the ceilings, choosing the right cornice, to getting it installed, you have to be perfect in everything. Below discussed are some of the useful tips to buy supreme quality of ceiling cornice.
Quick Tips to Buy Plaster Ceiling Cornice and Roses
- Choose Desired Cornice- To start with, you should first select the design and type of cornice that you wish to install at your ceiling. Since you will be ultimately going to live with your choice for the next decade to come, you must not make any compromises while selecting it.
- Ceiling Height- This is the most important aspect that is to be considered while buying plaster cornice and coving. The tip is that with a higher ceiling, you can always go with the bigger cornice. Conversely, small cornices will look better in the houses with low ceilings. For instance, a coving of 8 inch is used for the ceiling as high as 4.3 meters while 3.5 inch-5-inch coving is ideal for ceilings of around nine feet. Smaller covings can do fine for the rooms with tall units.
- Decide the Look- It depends upon you whether you wish to stand out your cornice or blend in. For instance, you might go for large sizes of cornices for your living and dining areas in order to impress the visitors. While you can go with smaller cornices that are hardly prominent to blend it well with the rest of the room. Thus, you need to buy the cornice accordingly thinking about the kind of statement you wish to make.
- Ordering enough of it- Yes, you must order enough of coving and cornice to finish the task completely. After you have taken the correct measurements of the walls, you must order the material at least 20 percent extra. It is because some material may go wasted during the job, so you should have a backup plan ready. In addition to this, you can always ask for a sample of a cornice if you are buying it online. When you choose a cornice online, you are likely to get confused with so many stores and varieties available. Thus, it is better to ask for a sample, as you will then be able to make the right decision with the cornice in your hand.
- Timeless Design- While choosing the design, you must keep in mind to select either the plain cornice or the one that is tested. If you wish to go for the classical design that remains new even after 100 years, then you must buy cornice style of Egg and Dart. This design will never look outdated, as these are epitome of classical style.
Besides this, choosing the right size of the plaster ceiling rose is important. Right from plain, ornate style, flat circle too large, you can get different styles of ceiling roses. Make sure that you have the right measurement in hand to fit the rose correctly. Add the most appealing plaster ceiling cornice and roses to adorn your dream home.