A few years ago, elevators were only seen in big hotels, skyscrapers, corporate, and apartment buildings. Residential elevators were very rare. In fact, anyone who installed one in his or her homes was considered to be extremely wealthy. Over time, however, residential elevators have progressively become a popular home addition. Why are they gaining popularity and could you have one installed in your home?
What they offer
Unlike passing home addition trends, a residential elevator will be a useful addition to your home for several years to come. By accommodating your loved ones with mobility issues and your aging relatives, you will always be glad that you had an elevator installed in your home. What’s more, a residential elevator could help you keep your home for longer, especially in your later years.
Why Buy One
Having a residential elevator come with a plethora of benefits:
- It increases your property’s value: Today, more than ever, home buyers favor homes with elevator access—as a backup plan in their later years should their mobility be an issue.
- Functionality: If you require more effort to move about your multi-level home, then residential elevator is a good bet. It can eliminate the legwork of conveying objects or traversing different rooms in your home.
- Enhances home safety and security: For small children and less mobile individuals, residential elevators can eliminate petty accidents that might occur as they move up and down the stairs.
- Convenience: elevators for homes can help you move your items and even children without the hassle of trekking up the stairs.
- An air of sophistication and style: elevators are still viewed as a symbol of luxury. In fact, with reduced costs of installation, many homeowners have gained access to residential elevators.
- Ease of use: Moving between different floors of your house is possible with just a push of a button.
- Can be designed to save space: residential elevators can be installed in such a way as to open up spaces that were previously unused.
How to Choose Elevators for Homes
To land an efficient and effective residential elevator, you need to consider a few factors, including but not limited to:
- Manufacturer Reputation: Choose a competent manufacturer with expertise and history in the elevators business
- Dealer Expertise: experienced technician will ensure that your elevator meets the required local and national standards, which will, in turn, enhance your safety.
- Test them: Visit a dealer’s showroom and test the available elevators.
- Customization Options: choose a dealer who can add for you bespoke options such as glass sliding doors among other luxuries
- Your Home Specifications: choose an elevator based on your home specifications and personal preferences. Aspects like your hoist-way requirements and travel distance should guide your choice.
A residential elevator is a great investment. If you are looking for ways to make your home secure for your children and aging loved ones or to give your home an upgrade as well as boost its resale value, you need to think about installing a residential elevator.