Last Updated on February 28, 2022 by Kravelv
Your home say a lot about you. By caring about its looks, you show how much you care and value your property, and how much you put a premium on its appearance. There are a number of ways by which you can improve your home’s aesthetics, and one of them is by adding a patio cover.
Why a patio cover?
Patio covers can be designed and customized to complement and enhance your home’s overall appeal while providing just the right amount of shade and natural light into your outdoor patio or living space. Instead of the typical shade sails that can be damaged by harsh weather easily, patio covers offer permanent yet more appealing protection.
Patio Cover Styles and Their Advantages
Different patio styles allow you to select one depending on the look and appeal that you want to achieve. Here are some of the styles that you can choose from:
- Solid Patio Covers – Offering total protection against the sun and the rain, most solid patio covers are fully insulated and laminated, ensuring comfort even during the warmest days. In terms of looks, they exude a subdued sense of privacy, providing a means to shield a patio from prying eyes without completely closing off the area.
- Lattice Patio Covers – Structures with evenly spaced posts and beams for partial but balanced shading, lattice patio covers are best if good looks is your priority. They typically have an elegant grille design that provides some shade while still allowing some sunlight through, which is also perfect for covering plants that don’t do too well under direct sunlight.
- Freestanding Patio Covers – Think of them as lattice patio covers constructed independently from properties. This supports flexibility in styling a landscape, allowing you to separate areas of interest, like barbecue and play areas.
Other Benefits of Patio Covers
Getting a patio cover lets you:
- Expand livings spaces – It’s always fun to entertain friends and family at home. With a patio cover, you can bring the fun outside anytime without having to worry about the weather.
- Relax in the comforts of your own home – Need a quick pick-me-up? Lounge under a patio cover and you’ll instantly feel you’re miles away relaxing on a holiday.
- Control how much sun and shade you get – Patio covers offer different levels of sun and shade depending on their design. By choosing the right style and taking advantage of customization options, you’ll get the exact level of sun and shade you want and need for your home.
Patio covers have a lot to offer but you’ll only really truly make the most out of getting one by hiring a remodeling expert. Working with professional gives you access to not just a variety of options but you are assured as well that every choice available to you is of quality. Not to mention you’ll be able to guarantee proper installation. Getting a patio cover is an investment so trust only an expert to get the job done for you.
Dawn Dewey sits as marketing director of Dreamstyle Remodeling and Renewal by Andersen (New Mexico, San Diego, Tucson, and Boise), and has the distinction of being named one of Professional Remodeler magazine’s “40 Under 40.” Aside from marketing and home improvement, Dawn is also passionate about animal welfare, the environment, and civil rights. Catch her updates through the company blog!
My family and I just moved into a new home and we are wanting to build a patio. In your article, you stated that patio covers can be designed to complement and enhance your home’s overall appeal while providing just the right amount of shade and natural light. It seems that having a patio cover could provide multiple benefits. I wonder what designs the local contractors have that we could look at.
Having a solid patio cover that offers total protection against the sun and the rain is a good idea. Since most of these are fully insulated and laminated, ensuring comfort even during the warmest days, it seems like a good choice if you wish to relax on your patio often. I’ve been wanting to get a cover, since they can be so useful and nice to have, and I’m definitely leaning towards getting the solid covering.
Comments are closed.