Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The entertainment centre of the house plays an important role for a family’s recreation as they spend most of their time here, watching movies, playing games etc. Now, selecting the right entertainment unit for that space can be a tough decision, as there are innumerable options to choose from and each one of them seems to be the best.
To simplify your search, this article reveals a set of guidelines along with tips that can be followed when you are looking for an ultimate entertainment centre. But, before that let’s know more about the different types of units and the role that they have to play.
The Different Types of Entertainment Unit
The entertainment centre of the house is not confined to one element rather it is a combination of multiple units. Some of these are
- TV stands: The stands or console is one of the simplest furniture of the entertainment centre. These are often equipped with long and spacious cabinets along with additional storage such as drawers or book shelves, so that you can organize the area flawlessly. Most of these stands are able to handle TVs of any size or shape. Apart from this, there’s also an option to mount the TV right behind the wall of the stand.
- Entertainment centre: The wall units even known as entertainment centre is an incredible furniture designed to hold the TV along with other media components like DVDs, speakers, home theatre and much more. Such a variant of entertainment unit can be almost 72 inches tall, where the width varies as per the unit. Further, these come with a wide range of designs and styles so that you can choose the one that blends with the interiors of your house.
- Armouries & Media Chest: This is a petite unit which consumes less space when compared to any other option. This is what makes it the right option for those who have limited space or are looking for vertical storage. The armouries are a type of cabinet upon which the TV is placed, while the media chest is in the form of shelves which are meant for stacking DVDs, books, cable boxes and other components of the entertainment centre.
Know the Right Measurements
Understanding the type of entertainment unit is not enough, you must be aware of the measurements too, so as to ensure that you choose the one with ideal dimensions. So, for this, there are two things that should be measured and they are: –
- Before opting for any unit, you should measure the size of the TV from every corner. Make sure that the values are in inches as most of the stands tend to denote the average size of the TV in inches only that are capable of holding.
- Measure the area where you are planning to have the unit, because even when it is a perfect fit for the TV it won’t turn out to be the right choice, until and unless it can be placed in the desired location.
Tips That Will Lead You to The Best Entertainment Unit
Besides following the aforementioned guidelines there are additional tips that you can keep in mind.
- Always take care of the color scheme of the decor. When you go for an entertainment centre, make sure that the unit coordinates with the theme.
- Never place the unit near the window as the backlight that comes from them can affect the viewing quality, along with the natural light which also gets blocked.
- For best viewing experience, keep the TV at the middle of the unit and place the unit exactly where there is large and spacious seating area.