Last Updated on April 17, 2023 by Kravelv
Nobody likes to be blindsided by an emergency plumbing issue. Unfortunately, quite often the signs of a clogged drain or busted pipe aren’t obvious until it’s too late and you find yourself dealing with the aftermath. To make sure that doesn’t happen to you, take some time to familiarize yourself with these tell-tale indicators of trouble so that you can act fast if/when they arise.
The following are some of the signs that indicate you need to get in touch with emergency drain cleaning in Jacksonville, NC, at the earliest.
1. Strong, pungent odors coming from drains – Everyone knows what bad smells are like when it comes to drains and pipes because they have all experienced them at one point or another. If your home suddenly starts smelling strange but there isn’t any other explanation for why it does, there’s a good chance it’s coming from your drains and pipes. This is a sign that you need to get professional drain cleaning sooner rather than later, as this odor can indicate the presence of some serious blockages in your system.
2. Wet spots on walls and floors – Another sign of plumbing trouble is mysterious wet spots on your walls or floors near the sink or tub. These can indicate leaky pipes, which should be fixed right away before they cause any real damage to your home.
3. Gurgling noises – If you’re hearing strange gurgling noises from your drains and pipes, there’s a good chance that air bubbles are trapped in them due to a clog or blockage. Again, this is something that should be handled by a professional drain cleaning technician as soon as possible, because it could potentially lead to other serious issues if left unchecked.
4. Sluggish drainage – It’s not uncommon for drains to run slowly from time to time, but if water doesn’t seem to be going down at all in your kitchen or bathroom sink, or tub, then there could be something seriously wrong with your plumbing system. This warrants an emergency call to a plumber who specializes in drain cleaning near Maple Hill, NC so they can assess the situation and determine what needs to be done. In the meantime, don’t use any of the affected fixtures until the problem has been resolved.
5. Consistently running water – If you hear the sound of running water all the time even when no one is using any fixtures, then this is a sign that something isn’t quite right. You might have a clogged pipe or broken seal somewhere in your system, so it’s important to call a professional plumber as soon as possible to get it fixed before it leads to more serious trouble down the line.
6. Overflowing toilets – If the toilet is overflowing, it could be a sign of something more than an ordinary clog or blockage in your plumbing system. It’s important to act fast and call an experienced plumber who can help you diagnose what might be causing the issue and get it fixed right away before any damage occurs in your home.
7. Unusually high water bill – If your water bill has been steadily increasing each month with no explanation as to why, then this could indicate a hidden plumbing issue somewhere in your system that needs addressing. A skilled technician who specializes in drain cleaning can help you find out where the problem is coming from and come up with a solution to fix it.
8. Presence of mold or mildew – If you start noticing patches of mold or mildew in your bathroom, this could be a sign that there’s a hidden leak somewhere in the pipes. This is something that should be taken care of right away by an experienced plumber who can help get to the root of the problem and fix it before any damage is done.
If any of these symptoms sound familiar to you, don’t hesitate to call a professional plumber who specializes in drain cleaning and repair as soon as possible to avoid further complications down the line. Being aware of these warning signs and acting quickly if they arise can save you from having to deal with an emergency plumbing situation later on. If you happen to notice any of them at your home or business, don’t hesitate to call an experienced drain cleaning specialist right away. For more information, contact Wild Water Plumbing at 703-586-7025.