Last Updated on April 17, 2023 by Kravelv
The heat and humidity of Florida can be overwhelming in the summertime. While air conditioning is essential to survival during those months, keeping it well-maintained and running smoothly is key to ensuring your home’s comfort. Here we will walk through the process of AC maintenance in Largo, FL, so you know what to expect when hiring a professional for service or repair.
1. Initial Inspection – The first step in AC maintenance is an initial inspection by a trained technician. This inspection covers everything from evaluating the system’s overall condition to checking for potential problems that could cause future issues with cooling efficiency or safety. During this inspection, they may also perform routine tasks like changing filters or cleaning parts of the unit.
2. Troubleshooting – If any problems are found during the initial inspection, your technician will move on to troubleshooting in order to determine what is causing them. They may use specialized tools to diagnose and measure temperature or pressure levels inside the system, as well as check for possible blockages or leaks that could be impeding performance.
3. Repair or Replacement – Once the problem has been identified, your technician can repair it if it’s a minor issue like leaky valves or faulty wiring. If it’s more serious, such as a failing compressor or major electrical issue, they may suggest replacing the entire unit with a newer model equipped with updated technology and energy-saving features.
4. Refrigerant Level – Another important aspect of AC maintenance is checking the refrigerant level in your system. This coolant helps regulate the temperature within your air conditioning unit and must be kept at a certain level to ensure it performs efficiently and safely. If it’s low, your technician can top it off or replace the entire charge if necessary.
5. Cleaning – Your technician will also clean the interior components of your system to remove any dirt, dust, mold, and other debris that could impede performance or cause health issues with allergen build-up inside the home. They may also suggest installing an air purifier to help reduce allergens in general over time.
6. System Check-Up – Your technician will run a thorough check-up of the entire system to ensure everything is running properly and that your air conditioner is ready for summer. This includes checking electrical connections, examining moving parts like fan blades and compressor belts, as well as testing temperature readings from multiple points within the unit.
7. Check the Unit’s Indoor and Outdoor Components – It is also important to make sure the indoor and outdoor components of your air conditioning system are compatible with each other, which is why you may need to upgrade to a ductless mini split for efficient performance. The professionals can help provide you with expert advice and installation of ductless mini split in Madeira Beach, FL if necessary.
8. Thermostat Calibration – A key part of your AC maintenance should be ensuring that your thermostat is calibrated correctly so it reads temperatures accurately. Your technician will ensure that all settings are adjusted properly and that the unit is operating as efficiently as possible.
9. Safety Checks – Safety should always be an important factor when it comes to AC maintenance, which is why your technician will do a thorough check of the system for any potential electrical hazards or other issues that could pose risks to you and your family.
10. Follow-up Appointments – It’s important to schedule follow-up appointments with your local HVAC professional at least twice a year in order to ensure that all necessary repairs or replacements have been done properly and that the system is running smoothly and safely throughout the summer season. These appointments should include an overall inspection and performance review, as well as any troubleshooting or repair that may be needed.
By following this process of AC maintenance, you can be sure that your system is running safely and efficiently all summer long. Keep in mind that certain components may need to be replaced after years of use or when major repairs are necessary; if so, it’s important to hire a qualified professional who can install new parts correctly and safely. For more advanced services, solutions, and repairs, contact Sun Up Services at 727-522-2288.