Last Updated on January 25, 2023 by Kravelv
Power washing involves the use of industrial equipment to create a high-powered water spray. It is used to clean surfaces that have been marred by old or loose paint, grime, mold, dirt and dust, and even chewing gum.
Here are some of the top reasons for you to consider power washing your home:
Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal
Utilizing power washing services can be a great way to restore your home’s appearance to its former glory. It’s also cheaper than undertaking a renovation or remodeling project. You get to make your home look new just by getting rid of the years of stains and packed dirt on exterior surfaces. When your home is free from stains and mold, you’ll feel more pride because you are contributing to the overall aesthetics of your neighborhood.
A fresh-looking house will also draw in more interested buyers when it’s time to sell. In fact, when real estate agents get asked by homeowners how they can sell faster and for a much higher price, the top answer is to invest in its curb appeal. Power washing improves the condition of your driveway and home exterior and will make it stand out from other home listings.
Increase Property Value
According to a study, power washing your home can help increase your home’s value by as much as 2 to 5 percent. If you are planning to sell your home in the future, a thorough power washing can mean the difference between making a sale and not.
Power washing also prepares a surface for a painting job. It makes it easier to apply fresh paint and makes it last longer. With a clean and freshly painted exterior, you’ll get a much more attractive house that’s easier for you to rent out or sell.
Protect Your Family’s Health
The dirt, grime, and mildew that get packed onto the exterior surfaces of your home carry dangerous health risks. Here are some of the top reasons why getting a regular power washing is beneficial for you and your family’s health:
- According to a report from the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, the most common allergens are mold spores, pollen, and dust mites. These are triggers that can easily be eliminated by power washing.
- Power washing using potent soap solutions won’t just remove allergens; it can also get rid of harmful bacteria and fungus.
- Algae can also grow on decks and sidewalks. These organisms create slippery surfaces that can increase the risk of slips or falls at home. Power washing reduces the risks of accidents for you and your household members.
- Power washing prevents the premature decay of the exterior structures in your home, such as your deck, porch, or driveway. When a home is in top condition, safety outcomes are higher for its residents.
Save Time and Money
Compared to regular cleaning methods, power washing reduces the time you need to spend manually scrubbing away at deep-seated dirt. It’s a fast and efficient way to clean. You can just point the nozzle and get instantly clean surfaces, even for areas that aren’t easily accessible.
Furthermore, you also save money by choosing to power wash your home. A home is a hefty investment that you have to protect. Regular power washing helps keep the years off your home and keep it looking new every time.
Just remember that improper power washing can cause even more damage to a surface. A reliable and experienced Louisville power washing company can get the job done right the first time around. They’ll mix cleaning solutions, climb ladders, and ensure the proper nozzle and pressure settings to prevent damage.
Over the years, your home can sustain a lot of damage from external factors. Some examples are listed below:
- Dirt, grime, and mildew can cause chipped paint and rotted wood.
- Brick deteriorates over time without regular cleaning and maintenance.
- Bird droppings, which are very acidic, can weaken your roof and gutters. The further buildup can also contribute to structural damage.
- Mold feeds on paint and concrete coatings and can cause permanent damage on concrete when left unchecked for a long time.
Regular power washing protects your home from these factors. It serves as a crucial preventative maintenance measure to retain the value of your property and avoid expensive repairs down the road.
Your home’s exterior constantly takes a beating from the harsh elements. From natural conditions like the sun, wind, and dirt to pollutants such as acid rain and smoke, home exteriors get easily soiled, discolored, or damage. Pressure washing does not only clean exterior surfaces, but it also helps protect your investment, your time, and your health.
Cindy Loughty is an interior designer by profession. She has worked with entrepreneurs and homeowners to create spaces that are both functional and appealing. Cindy takes pride in all of her accomplished projects, especially those that involve small spaces. When Cindy isn’t too occupied in designing spaces, she contributes articles to different websites.