Last Updated on May 8, 2023 by Kravelv
You’ve heard about the benefits of standing desks when it comes to your health. It can eliminate back pain, keep your circulation healthy, and engage your muscles. However, do you know that standing desks offer benefits that go beyond physical? Standing desks are proven to offer psychological benefits, too. These include improvement in mood, reduction in stress levels, and increase in creativity.
Apart from these, several studies have shown that standing desks can actually help you increase productivity at work. In fact, one such study revealed a productivity increase as high as 46% over the span of a half year period. So how does a standing desk do that?
A Look at Standing Desks and Productivity
In this post, we’ll take a look at the MotionGrey Motion Series Standing Desk and see how it helps increase productivity at work.
Here’s what you need to know about the Motion Series desk:
- It comes with dual Bosch motors
- It can lift up to 230 lbs of weight
- It has a three-segmented steel frame
- It has a height range of 23.6” to 49”
- It operates at 49 dB
- It has a speed of 1.5” per second
When it comes to the productivity benefits of a standing desk, you can associate them with all the benefits that standing provides, which include the following:
Improves Blood and Oxygen Circulation
Prolonged sitting keeps your muscles locked in one position, and this can prevent proper circulation in your body. With the help of a Motion Series desk, you can alternate between sitting and standing as you work throughout the day in order to engage and stimulate your muscles, allowing a healthy blood and oxygen flow. The speedy operation of the desk makes this shift easy and convenient.
When the circulation in your body is healthy, your brain gets the right amount of oxygen and blood that it needs to function well. As a result, you can expect to be:
- More alert throughout the day
- Less sleepy even during those slow hours after lunch
- More creative in the approach of your tasks
- More willing to offer and contribute new ideas in the workplace
Eliminates Distracting Back Pain
Did you know that two thirds of the costs associated with back pain at work comes from the loss of wage and productivity? Pain and discomfort can be distracting, and they prevent employees from performing at their best level and from giving their 100% in completing their tasks.
So how does the MotionGrey Motion Series Standing Desk address this problem? Well, standing has been proven to reduce and eliminate back pain, helping employees remain comfortable throughout their day. And, the comfort that standing provides can lead to:
- Less distraction and more focus at work
- Increase in both qualitative and quantitative output among employees
- Increased willingness to participate and give their best
- Enhancement in overall workplace happiness and wellbeing
If you add the smooth and swift movement of the standing desk, its quiet and speedy operation, as well as its capacity to handle heavy load with no problem, you can expect a hassle-free experience when you make the shift from sitting to more standing.
Does the additional cost of a standing desk pay off?
The answer is yes.
If you take a look at the cost of the MotionGrey standing desk, you’ll see it is offered at $499, much lower compared to other standing desks in the market. What’s more important to look at is the potential cost you will save in the purchase of a standing desk. Consider the following:
- Healthcare costs to address employee back pain
- Costs associated with sick leaves filed by employees due to back pain
- Productivity loss due to employees working in sub-optimal level
- Retraining costs for new employees who replace those who leave due to disability associated with musculoskeletal disorders brought by a sedentary lifestyle at work
When you look at all of these, you will realize that they pile up in the long run, adding up to a cost so much higher than the investment you’ll make on a standing desk.