Last Updated on April 21, 2022 by Kravelv
The Krause & Becker Airless Paint Sprayer makes your job done quicker and more comfortable. You can do any type of paint flawlessly with this paint sprayer as it is light and highly durable. It makes your two-day DIY paint job turn into a two-hour painting job. As you need to use it in the right way for better output, you also have to clean after every use to get your project done correctly. You can get additional pieces of advice and reviews from handyvarieties.com.
Why is Cleaning Important?
Cleaning the paint sprayer after each use is a mandatory job for any airless paint sprayer. To get the best performance and run all the functions smoothly, it needs maintenance. Good maintenance of any kind of machinery starts with the cleaning part. Your paint sprayer’s longevity depends on how good you are at keeping it clean. You must clean it immediately and appropriately after completing work for functioning well when you will use it next time. You also can’t use your warranty card if it got damaged for not getting proper cleaning.
How to clean?
The cleaning procedure comprises three parts: Cleaning the primary system, disassembling and cleaning the spray gun, and oiling the sprayer system before storage.
Supplies You Need for Cleaning:
- Soft Bristle Brush
- Old cloth or rags
Steps to Clean Krause and Becker Paint Sprayer:
- Turn off the paint sprayer and unplug it from the electric source and Turn the pressure knob speed to medium.
- Remove the tip, tip housing, put it into a bucket with clear water, and keep it aside.
- Remove the siphon hose and the primer tube and put into another bucket of water and brush it with a bristle brush.
- Turn on the sprayer again and run the water into the system through the spray gun to flush out the remaining paint.
- Set the function to prime and flush out the paint until it becomes thin. It should be in the waste bucket. Run it for a couple of minutes. When the gun releases clear water, then turn it off.
- Get another bucket of clean water and repeat it to make sure that the pump is clean inside.
- Use the wrench to separate the spray gun from the hose.
- Unscrew the nut and put it with other parts into the bucket with clear water.
- Disassemble the spray gun. It has a filter inside, including the piston, spring, and cylinder, that must be cleaned carefully.
- Use a bristle brush and clean water to clean the spray gun and the other parts.
- Use the rag to wipe the hose and other parts.
- Put some oil into the unit if you want to store it for weeks or months. You can use any kind of oil.
The cleaning procedure of Krause and Becker paint sprayer is very easy and manageable. You can do it by yourself from the first time you use it. Just follow those steps and try not to make any mistakes. You may get a little awkward at the very first, but after doing it again and again, you will get used to it. Enjoy your work and have fun!