A house can look great with the right windows, doors, and roof, but it can look exceptional with the right siding. One brand that has captured the favor of homeowners and contractors alike is James Hardie and its line of fiber cement siding.
What makes James Hardie special?
James Hardie is a trusted name, not only in the United States, but around the world as well. In the United States alone, 5.5 million homes use the company’s siding products to grace their exterior walls, thanks to the brand’s unquestionable reliability and craftsmanship. This isn’t surprising given that James Hardie has been in business for over a century, providing it with a lot of experience in the field. The company has now grown to feature a staff exceeding 2,500 in number across the globe, majority of which are in the United States.
More Reasons to Choose the Brand
- They invented fiber cement around 30 years ago and boast of being five generations ahead of other fiber cement manufacturers in terms of technological innovations.
- They use sustainable raw materials, making James Hardie siding an environmental choice for your home.
- They have siding products for various regions and climates, meaning homeowners can choose siding especially suited for prevalent weather conditions in their area.
- There is no stopping them when it comes to research and development. James Hardie has already spent a whopping $100 million to improve their products over the years and don’t look like they’re stopping anytime soon.
Mark of Quality
In 2013, the Good Housekeeping Research Institute awarded James Hardie the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal for HardiePlank® lap siding. As a true mark of quality, the seal is only given after a product has been thoroughly evaluated. James Hardie has also been noticed by many home improvement magazines and contractor publications, a lot of which have also shown their approval for the brand.
Some of the accolades that the brand has reaped include:
- Builder Magazine’s Brand Leader award for 2012, 2013, and 2014, based on the Brand Use Study for James Hardie fiber cement siding
- Hanley Wood’s Brand Builder Platinum Award for its marketing excellence
- Qualified Remodeler Magazine’s Top Exterior Products of 2014 list
James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding
James Hardie’s fiber cement siding products are specifically engineered to showcase a beautiful wood-grain effect with deep grooves. They are also five times thicker than vinyl, making the siding products strong enough to withstand the harshest of weather conditions.
Other features that make fiber cement siding include:
- Non-combustible – It will not catch fire like other siding materials, making it ideal for areas where wildfires occur.
- Durable – It will not warp, sag, crack, or melt even after years of use.
- Affordable – It’s more affordable than wood, making it a great choice for those who want the elegance of wood without the high cost.
- Easy to maintain. It requires no more than the usual routine cleaning to retain its appearance.
Terry Stamman is the CEO of Twin Cities Siding Professionals. He prides himself in being part of one of the best and most trusted siding companies in the area. Together with his team of siding professionals, Terry strives to consistently provide exceptional service to customers, writing in the company blog during his free time to share his knowledge and experiences.