Creating an ideal bathroom is one of the essential requirements of every individual. This depends on the choice, looks, and its end use. The basin is the most important element which is used the most. Thus, one needs to ensure all the details and purchase the basins which will serve the purpose of the person.
Types of Bathroom Basins
- Full pedestal basins stand and mounted on the ground. The height of the basin is touches the ground. The pedestal stand is designed so that the pipework of the sink is covered.
- Semi pedestal basin is mounted on the wall and consists of the half pedestal to cover the plumbing of the sink. The look of this basin is modern. The basin has been firmly mounted on the wall during installation as the pedestal cannot bear the entire load of the basin.
- Wall mounted basin is one which does not have any pedestal and is directly mounted on the wall. This type is also known as wall hung basin. But in this type the plumbing is exposed, so one can choose bottle traps having an attractive The wall mounted basins create contemporary look compared to pedestal basin.
- The semi-recessed basin is designed as though the basin is sunk in the surface of the countertop or furniture. In this type, only rim or front part of the basin is visible. The pipework is hidden inside the unit.
- Countertop basin sits directly on the top of the countertop or unit as a separate bowl which can be picked up and moved. The countertop basins give a modern style and luxurious look. The pipe work is not seen in this type also leaving the basin with the elegant and clean look.
- Corner Basins are useful for small bathrooms or cloakrooms. All the plumbing pipe work is visible in corner basin types. Similar to the semi-pedestal basins, corner basins has to be properly installed and mounted on the wall.
Size of Basins
Basins are available in different shapes and sizes to suit the need of different bathrooms such as cloakroom or for a suite, etc. If you have a smaller bathroom, one can go for corner basins so that one can utilize the corners and eliminate the pedestal part of the basin. For a larger bathroom, there are a variety of choices and styles for basins depending on the type one is looking for.
- Mounting of the Basins
Before purchasing the basin one needs to confirm the space and the size of the basin and how the mounting will take place as per your requirement. There are different ways of mounting basin. The basin can be mounted on wall or placed on top of the unit as countertop or semi-recessed basin.
- Tap for Basins
The cuts for tap are provided on basin or sink. The number of holes will determine the type and number of taps that can be installed on the basin. There is only one hole for mixer taps in most cases. One needs to purchase the basin and tap at the same time matching the style of the basin and bathroom.
Other Requirements with Basin
One will need a ‘basin waste’ from where the water will flow out of the basin and prevent clogging of the basin with water. There are slotted waste and un-slotted waste. But for people who want a more stylish look, one can go for plug and chain wastes in which the plastic or a metal plug is attached to the chain. The other options include pop – up wastes and flip-top wastes.
Other accessories for your basin include toothbrush holders and soap dish and soap dispensers, to have a stylish and clean look.