Last Updated on November 4, 2021 by Kravelv
Leather furniture is known to be one of the most beautiful variants that anyone can have. Though when new this furniture looks great, but does the same shine stick to it when it grows old? Now, people often think that cleaning leather is a tedious and difficult process and thus condemn its use. But, the reality is just opposite. When give the right care and simple maintenance techniques then the leather upholstery can turn out to be the star of your house.
There are many companies who have separate catalogues for the maintenance of leather upholstery. You can also go through the home décor ideas give in the internet or in the magazines.
Simple and Quick Maintenance Techniques for Leather Upholstery:
There are just 6 quick and easy maintenance techniques that you need to handle, when followed in an appropriate manner, this can have your timeless pieces of furniture that do not grow old that easy. Here, are the steps that one should follow while handling leather furniture:
- Wipe & Clean Regularly: Have a basic care routine that would have two elements which are clean and wipe. Try to clean the furniture so as to remove dust and dirt and further wipe it with a damp cloth for getting rid of minute dust particles that have been deposited on it. It is always advised to follow this routine at least once in a week, so that dirt and dust does not impact the quality of the leather.
- Vacuum: After the regular wipe and clean comes the next step of regular vacuum. Just like any other type of upholstery the best way to have clean leather furniture is to vacuum them in an efficient manner. While vacuuming does make sure that you get rid of dirt that gets accumulated at the cervices and even under the cushions, however there are no such special precautionary steps required while you are cleaning leather upholstery with vacuum cleaners.
- Apply Leather Conditioner: Conditioner is of utmost importance for fabric like leather. When conditioned regularly, the leather looks shiny and doesn’t dry out easy, and this reduces the development of cracks, which is a common complaint that people have from leather furniture. Therefore, purchase a professional graded conditioner and use it on your furniture regularly you can use it once in two weeks or any time when you find that the leather is drying out.
- Clean Spills at Once: Whenever anything gets spilled on your upholstery made of leather, then you must clean it at once with a sponge or dry cloth that would absorb it immediately. If the spill dries out, then it would leave a stain on the furniture which at times can be permanent depending on what has spilled.
- Avoid Soaking Leather with Soap or Water: It’s great that you want your upholstery to be squeaky clean but soaking leather with soap or water will make it only worse. This is because the leather starts absorbing the moisture which leaves a horrendous stain on it and no matter how much you try this stain is not going to go and thus it affects the aesthetic appeal too.
- Never Use Cleaning Products which are not designed for Leather: All-purpose cleaning sprays, detergents, bleach, ammonia or polish for furniture actually lead to much damage of the leather components, and they reduce the longevity of your furniture. Never apply these products on them in an attempt to remove stains or dirt. Always rely on damp sponge or dry towel as much as possible for having clean furniture.
There you have it, maintaining leather upholstery is not that difficult there are just these 6 steps that you need to take care of, and at last your furniture will remain the way you wanted it to be for a longer period of time. Want to get more details just visit through this link and see additional advices about leather upholstery.