Ways To Follow While Dealing With Timber Floor Sanding & Polishing
Last Updated on March 17, 2023 by Kravelv
Maintaining timber floor is not that difficult. If you know the best sanding and polishing techniques, then half of your work is over. Learning a bit about sanding can offer comprehensive help, alongside polishing as some of the other options. Depending on the type of timber flooring design, or texture you have, the sanding and polishing are going to vary. Nevertheless, experts are more than happy to share their ideas with you on Timber Floor Sanding & Polishing techniques in the easiest manner possible. Loads of important sanding techniques are available and suitable to match your needs.
Checking Out on Sanding Process:
Sanding timber floor is somewhat different from the other flooring options available. Multiple tools and materials are used for sanding timber floors and that calls for expert floor sanding services now. For addressing the sanding timber floors, you might need floor sander and edge sander. These are used for addressing timber floors and can be procured from multiple sectors. The edge sander needs to work with sandpaper discs.
- For procuring that smooth finish because of Timber Floor Polishing, you are likely to sand floor four times. It starts from the 40 grit discs and can gradually rise to 60, 80, and 120 grit discs.
- Floor sander is considered heavy equipment. Therefore, while trying to use it, ensure to cover your ear with ear plugs or ear protection.
- For the first step, you have to lower sanding disc onto floor slowly. Make sure to always sand with the grain. Once the sanding disc meets the floor, it will start moving slowly.
- Always try to move forward and never backward. In case, the sanding disc is touching the ground never try to shovel it backward. Avoid timber oil from clogging. For that, you have to sprinkle kerosene on a floor, periodically.
- Before changing Timber Floor Sanding & Polishing discs from 40 to 60 discs, try to check for exposed holes. Use timber putty, which can match floor color to fill holes.
Cut to The Polishing Part
Once you are through with sanding, you have to check on the polishing part of the floor. It takes some hard work and dedication from the worker’s side. However, before you jump right to the Floor Sanding & Polishing package, try to get along with the steps, as mentioned below:
- The primary polishing coat is applied as a base coat. It helps in sealing the timber and finally prepares floorboards to receive final coats of chosen texture or design.
- With the help of first base coat, you can raise the timber grain. After that, you can cut it with the superfine buffing machine, before you can apply the last 2 to 3 coats.
- You are always invited to take help of waterborne polyurethane as the main coating. It helps in quickly drying the coating procedure and ends it within 1 to 2 days. It is best suitable than solvent based finishes, as that requires one day to dry between each coat.
Reasons to Polish And Sand Your Floor
There are multiple reasons for you to harp on Timber Floor Sanding & Polishing sectors. It is vital to get along with the best experts to help you in this venture. The authentic and genuine feeling of dry timber can be easily restored through this procedure. You cannot replace the beauty of polished and sanding timber with the solid floors. Whether you are living in a contemporary house or in a Victorian designed place, these timber floors are perfect. By floor polishing and sanding the same, you can maintain the durability and glow of your floor for long.