Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Siding plays an important role in protecting your home. If you’re due for a replacement, it’s important to consider various options to help you pick out the right one for you. One of the options available to you is steel siding. I’ve gathered some of the most frequently asked questions about the siding material, answering them below to help you gain a better understanding of what steel siding is and what it can do for you.
What sets it apart from other siding materials?
- Steel siding is long-lasting. The siding material is so reliable in fact that it is still in use today despite being patented in 1903.
- Steel siding is durable. Steel can withstand the harshest of elements as well as sudden impact, not easily denting even when hit by debris like falling branches. As another sign of its durability, steel siding will not turn brittle over time.
- Steel siding is easy to maintain. It’s so easy to care for steel siding that it requires no more than a thorough hosing once or twice a year. Dirt and debris can easily by washed away by the rain so you don’t have to concern yourself too much about cleaning away buildup.
- Steel siding is fire-resistant. Even a house fire cannot reach 2,500 F, which is the temperature at which steel starts melting
- Steel siding is pest-resistant. Insects and small animals cannot bore through steel. This prevents pests from taking residence in your via your siding.
Does steel siding only look like steel?
No. Modern technology as made it possible for steel siding to mimic a number of siding materials, allowing you to take advantage of the appearance of wood or brick, for instance, while doing away with the disadvantages of those materials. Steel siding also comes in a range of colors and finishes, addressing any preference you might have.
How long will it last?
You can expect steel siding to last for up to 50 years. That’s long enough to ensure you get the most out of your investment but you can add even more years to that by ensuring proper installation and employing a routine maintenance schedule.
What is seamless steel siding?
As its name suggests, seamless steel siding doesn’t have seams that don’t just look unsightly but can also let in moisture which can compromise your home. It is brought to the job site in a big coil, from which every siding piece is custom-cut to fit the exact measurements of your home. Aside from creating a more uniform look for your home, seamless steel siding also makes for a stronger building envelope, improving insulation to aid in boosting energy efficiency in a home.
Where to get steel siding?
Make sure you only work with a reputable siding contractor to ensure you enjoy the top-notch quality and aesthetic appeal that steel siding is capable of.
Steve Field is the President of Home Solutions Midwest. His experience spans over 30 years, which he uses to ensure customers get only the best service from his team. Steve spends time with his loved ones when he is not at work and plays golf as well with his buddies. His passion for two things; writing and roofing has inspired him to contribute to the company blog.