Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
With more homes under construction than ever before, one should take a good look at what others are using to protect their homes. Of course, energy saving is on everyone’s list of priorities, along with maintenance free solutions, and with that in mind, here are some popular roofing trends that you might want to consider for your new build.
Image Source: Pixabay
- Slate Roofing – Despite the many composite materials available today, you can’t really beat a traditional slate roof. Ask any roofing contractors based in Sydney and they will tell you that slate roofing is as popular as ever. Slate has all the properties one needs from a roofing material. It is fire resistant and is a good insulator, not to mention the classic look it brings to any property. While not every roofing contractor works with slate, there are some specialist firms and you are well-advised to source a contractor that specialises in slate roofing.
Image Source: Pixabay
- Metal Roofing – More and more Australian homeowners are turning to metal roofing, as opposed to the traditional shingle style, and there are many benefits. A metal roof will not need much looking after and with a wide choice of colours, you can really add some appeal to any residence. Modern roof sheets are well-insulated and with special reflective covering, your home will remain cool in the hot summer months. Matching stainless steel guttering and downpipes make for an attractive combination that is also very efficient. Copper roofing is seeing a comeback, as this material has all the qualities one needs in a roofing material.
- Composite Materials – Composites are emerging all the time and can make for great roofing material. When you consider the high cost of a roof, it does make sense to check out all of your options and with a composite material, you have little or no maintenance. There is a comprehensive list of all available roofing materials, which should help you narrow down your selection.
- Lead Flashings – Aside from being very effective at keeping out water, lead flashings offer a unique aesthetic appeal and contrast nicely with shingles or any other roofing material. A good pressure clean and replacing all the lead flashing will give a roof a new lease of life. Lead can be effectively combined with any roofing material and it adds some colour and depth.
- Image Source:
- Traditional Roof Shingles – Despite the emergence of composite materials, the traditional tiled roof is still popular today. The choice of shingles is virtually unlimited and by talking to an experienced local roofing contractor, you can examine all the options. When looking at roofing companies, prepare a set of questions and compare quotes, which will help you to make the right choices.
If you are preparing for a new build or would like to make some roofing changes, an online search will help you locate a local roofing contractor. You should not make a commitment until you have considered all of your options and with the expert help of an established roofing firm, you should make the right selection.