Shower screens are a prominent part of modern bathrooms and are becoming hot favourite trend. Unlike traditionally used shower curtains, shower screens are good at keeping water within the shower space and away from the floor. Also, they are safer for kids playing in the shower. But these shower screens start appearing dull and murky with time and, as stylish as they are, become equally unimpressive when the screen is not clean and cleaning shower screens is not a chore every homeowner is enthusiastic about. Well, chores are chores, one has no alternative to cleaning it.
The problems most people face is that no amount of cleaning makes it spotlessly clean as new. There may be a lot of residues built up making it appear uninviting. Well, do not fret. You just are in luck. Here, I have a list of tricks that can solve your murky shower screen problem and that too without any harsh chemicals. All these tricks need stuff and chemicals that are usually lying around in homes or available in a store. Try out these tricks and thank me later:
- Magic erasers: Magic erasers are exactly what their name says. They can work like magic on dull shower screens. They have fine fibres which are strong enough to be effective on lime scale and soft enough to not scratch the screen. All you need to do is rub on the affected part along with water and wipe the screen. It also works wonders on soap scum.
- Fabric softener: Add a cup of fabric softener to one litre warm water and watch all the lime scale and soap scum disappear. Simply apply the mixture on the shower screens and rinse it off with warm water. If you have handy dryer sheets, wipe off the shower screen with it to restore the shine. This is an efficient way to remove soap scum.
- White vinegar: White vinegar is present in any household and that is why this trick is the simplest of all. The properties of vinegar are very effective in cleaning and is gentle on the shower screens. This way, you can get rid of deposited lime scale and keep the shine of the shower screens intact. Put some vinegar into a spray water and mix it with water. Spray the solution on the shower screen and scrub the screen with a non-scratch scrub rinse thoroughly with warm water. Make sure you do not leave the vinegar on shower screens for a longer period of time.
- Lemon juice and salt: This is the most effective method if the shower screens have a lot of lime scale deposit over it. Also, you need to be sure to not to overdo it or you may permanently damage the screen. This method is as simple as it can get. Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice and two tablespoons of salt and form a paste. Use an old toothbrush to scrub the parts with high deposition of lime scale. Let it sit for half an hour and then rinse it with warm water and you have the shine restored.
- Baking soda: This is another magic solution. Along with cleaning shower screens, it will also deodorise the bathroom. Wet the shower screen and wipe the screen with a cloth with baking soda on it. A paste will be formed on the door which you have to rinse off with warm water.
As I told you before, you will be extremely grateful for these tricks. You will be surprised by the end results of these ingredients. Try any of these out and you can be sure to have shiny shower screens for years and your bathroom will remain as appealing as ever.