If you’ve ever had to replace an old window or door, you’ve probably heard of Andersen Corporation. As the largest window and door manufacturer in North America, Andersen is a major player in the home improvement industry and is—in more ways than one—a household name.
Andersen Corporation has been around since 1903—more than a century’s worth of quality, innovation and craftsmanship. They were founded in Hudson, Wisconsin by Danish immigrant Hans Andersen, but have since moved their headquarters to Bayport, Minnesota, where they operate a 2.8-million-square-foot facility. Today, they are a multi-award-winning corporation with locations across North America and a global product reach.
As impressive as all that sounds, however, it is in each door and window installation that homeowners really experience the Andersen difference. But before we get into that, let’s get to know the company a bit more.
Four Major Brands
Andersen Corporation’s family of brands includes the following, each of which is a household name in its own right:
- Andersen® – replacement windows, residential and commercial entry doors, patio doors and storm doors
- Renewal by Andersen® – Fibrex® window and patio door replacement services
- Silver Line® – vinyl new construction and replacement windows and patio doors
- American Craftsman® – vinyl new construction and replacement windows and patio doors sold exclusively at The Home Depot® stores
Window & Door Styles
The corporation offers a broad range of products for new construction and replacement applications: vinyl products under the Silver Line and American Craftsman brands, and Fibrex products under the Andersen and Renewal by Andersen brands. (Fibrex is a sustainable, energy-efficient composite exclusive to Andersen Corporation.)
- Hinged patio
- Sliding patio
- Sliding French patio
- Folding patio
- Residential entry
- Commercial entry
The Andersen Difference
The biggest questions homeowners ask when it comes to choosing brands for home improvement projects often have to do with product quality, workmanship and customer service. Andersen Corporation’s brands have an excellent track record in all three criteria, and more.
Below are just some of the things that make up the Andersen difference:
- They aim high. Andersen Corporation’s vision is “[to] lead the window and door industry by creating products and services that are different and better, as measured by our customers.”
- They are committed to protecting the environment. This commitment can be seen first in their products, which are designed to be highly energy efficient. They also have ongoing sustainability initiatives that impact everything from where they source their materials to their customers’ homes.
- They do not make promises they cannot keep. Andersen Corporation’s replacement window division offers eight explicit promises to their customers:
- Absolute Respect (for your home and family)
- Absolute Attention (to your needs)
- Absolute Utopia (timeliness, proper budget utilization and constant communication)
- Absolute Craftsmanship (precision and care)
- Absolute Cleanliness
- Absolute Professionalism (satisfactory resolution of any and all issues)
- Absolute Accountability (strong warranties)
- Absolutely Stress-Free (peace of mind)
Renewal by Andersen of St. Louis project manager Sheaun Smith is a fixture in the Greater St. Louis home improvement scene. In his 15 years in the construction industry, he has tackled projects of all sizes, from standard installations to large-scale renovations. Sheaun is committed to meeting all of their customers’ needs and enjoys sharing his insights with homeowners who want to make smart home improvement decisions.