Ok I have heard way too many times that there is no such thing as affordable Pest control, and it can be a real downer when you are trying to scrape money together for pest service and be given the short handle by one of your family members or peers.
The truth is there are affordable ways to get your pest problem under control however it’s just a matter of searching for the correct exterminator, and that can be a tricky task if you don’t know where to look for. If you have a serious pest problem, then I would recommend using professional pest control companies who have BBB ratings, as these guys are really professional when it comes to their jobs. To see a list of the best pest control services, check out reviews House Method.
Tackling with pests especially in the winter season can be a real challenge and more often than not you will have to factor in a number of different variables before you finally arrive at a solution. If the infestation is getting out of hand then you may need to hire a professional ASAP. However, if the problem is manageable and there are rodents involved then here are some tips and tricks that you can use to ensure that you keep a lid on your rodent problems.
Image Credit: Wikimedia
- Store all of your items in sealed containers or plastic boxes with a lid, and avoid making use of cardboard boxes.
- Dispose garbage of regularly, trash and filth is the best breeding ground for both rodents and bugs.
- Install screens wherever possible. This is done to ensure that no pest or rodent can come in from the outside.
- Seal cracks and holes which are located outside your house, and take special care where the drainage pipe enters the house.
- Make sure that you do not leave any crumbs lying around or on the floor as that could be a bonafide feast for the rodents.
- Divert water away from your house. Standing water can be a breeding ground for insects.
- Make sure no branches or wooden structures come in contact with your house. Wood can provide a point of entry for termites.
- Inspect wires, insulation and walls to ensure the presence of pests.
- And this might sound a bit clichéd but always close the back door to your house. As this is one of the most common points of entry for most mice.
- Make sure you use cement to plug in all the gaps and holes in your basement.
These are some preventive measures you can take to ensure that you can cure yourself or at the very least contain your pest problems. The best part about it is the fact that these solutions only cause a bare minimum when it comes to money and also they are easy and convenient to carry out.
Image Credit: Wikimedia
When dealing with pest exterminators it’s important to remember that you must pay them a fair day’s wage, and hence I stated in the start of the article to go for Stuart’s. These guys are extremely affordable and does some high quality work.
So, if you are ever faced with a similar problem, or you find that your house has become a breeding ground for pests and rodents then make sure to give them a call.