6 Tips for the Getting the Most Out Of Your Air Filter
Last Updated on November 4, 2021 by Kravelv
We all always want to maintain a comfortable home environment for ourselves and our whole family without excessive expenditures and to pay more on all sort of utility bills or to suffer from poor indoor air quality. The easiest way to make your home more energy efficient is to have regular maintenance of air filter. It is essential that your air filter is working in its best quality. Here are some most useful tips by which you can quickly get the most of your air filter and make your home a more comfortable place.
Identify what kind of filter you need:
All filters usually earn a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) that is based on how effectively the air filters are working. Always choose an air filter according to your requirements that fir in your place best. There are many different types of filters holding their own specifications.
- MERV 1-4 this filter requires minimum filtration and is available at a very low price. It keeps the dust away but improves very little indoor air quality.
- MERV 5-8 these types of filters work very well in small homes. They take the lower particles away from homes which might cause allergies with affecting the air flow.
- MERV 13-16 this type of air filters are usually designed for hospitals and places where smoking is prohibited. They are not required in the home.
Recognize your household necessities:
The standard changing process time for an air filter is usually 30 to 90 days. This is a long span of time, so in this duration, few factors are there which are supposed to be considered.
- If the home is vacating home, change of filter is for every 3 to 6 months.
- Home with no pets will change after 90days.
- Pet animals at home than change is required after every 60days.
Other factors might include any construction work going nearby home may require changing the filter more often.
Remind yourself of the alteration of filter:
There are few methods by which you can easily remember when last time you have changed your air filter.
- Note the date when your air filter is changed
- Write the time on the calendar when next you need to change your air filter
- Put reminders on your mobile phone
- Make buying replacements easy
While carrying all routine work visiting the home stores for the home improvement purpose is also a work which is supposed to be done every month. And if you don’t have these altered filters on hand than it is easy to postpone your purchase by following these tips. Order your filters from http://www.forhealthyair.com/. They provide a service that mails the air filters to your home after every 30, 60, 90 or 120 days. By ordering air filters from them, you can increase the comfort and can maximize the efficient use of energy all year long. You can even stock up on a year’s supply for filters. They hold all brand of air filters according to their customer’s requirements.