Last Updated on March 23, 2022 by Kravelv
You may have seen awnings installed in several home yards and may be planning to get retractable awnings installed in your outdoors as well. If you are debating whether your investment in awnings is worth it or not, let me tell you, stop debating and call an awnings provider right away as you could not find a better use of your money other than awnings shades in the category shades. Well, of course the awnings provide a shade and keep away the sunlight and act like extensions to your homes. Also, they can be used as play areas and provide a shade to porches, patios, and decks. But apart from these advantages, there are several hidden benefits as well. That is what makes them to stand out. I will unravel those hidden benefits:
- They are all-weather protectors: The awnings shield you not only from the sun, but also from rain and snow. This really means that you can sit out under the awnings even during pouring rain and or heavy snow and still feel comfortable. So, in case you own a street cafe and are short on seating space, you can install an awning and get an extended seating space or you can use an awning shade to set up a barbeque grill in your house backyard and never worry about rains hampering your barbeque night. This way. the awnings can be used as space extensions at several places and for several applications.
- You can cut down energy costs: Awnings are amazing absorbents of the solar radiations. They also block the harmful UV rays. Quality awnings reduce the heat inside the house by 70% and can absorb 98% of the UV rays. Now, with the heat within your home interiors already reduced by 70%, think to what extent it would reduce the work of air conditioners. This way, you reduce the electricity consumption and thereby decrease your utility bills. The reduction in the energy costs is really notable.
- Wide range of colours and designs that blend with the home designs: These awnings are available in a huge array of shades and colours. So, they can match any design and surrounding. You can pick out your required colour shade and get any pattern printed on it. This way, you do not have to worry about the awnings oddly standing out. They will blend smoothly with your home’s exterior wall colours.
- Amazing curb appeal: When compared to other types of shades in terms of curb appeal, awnings easily win the competition. As mentioned above, they are available in many designs and every colour shade seen under the sun, they can suit any background. Also, they are available in many shapes to match any type of home design.
- Can be mounted on anything and at anyplace: when I say anything, I mean it. There are a wide range of attachment brackets available that enable you to fix the awnings on anything. Thus, patio or window awnings can be fitted to anything, including angled windows, circular windows, triangular windows or any overhead structure. There is a variety of variable pitch controls in order to adjust the angle of the awnings as well.
- Capable of covering huge areas: The top quality of awnings is its flexibility in size. It can be used as shades over doors and windows as well can cover spaces as large and wide as 18 meters. So, you can also use them as carports in case you run out of garage space.
After reading all these points, I am sure you have reached the conclusion of the debate of whether to get awnings installed in your outdoors or not. Awnings are like an all-in-one package of comfort.