These objects are quite more vulnerable to the surrounding conditions, especially the upholstered objects with natural leathers. On the other hand, the synthetic leathers are also vulnerable, because they have not that much more advantages such as the natural leathers. The following advices can help you with one of the easiest and yet most delicate parts of the upholstery cleaning – the leather upholsteries.
- One, inspect the entire piece of furniture from all the sides to determine its condition. According to the degree of staining and the number of the spots – decide whether you can deal with them by yourself or you have to call the professional cleaners. The greatest advantage when sofa cleaning is that the surfaces are almost completely dry or with a very low moisture, so you don`t have to expose them on a sunlight or to wait for the annoying drying time. If you plan to make a homemade detergent – make sure to know the type of the leather.
- Two, some home cleaning is always a great step to begin with and it usually turns enough for the lighter and smaller stains from pet hair, dust, food crumbs, etc. The homemade detergent that you need is just cool water with a tiny amount of lemon juice and white vinegar. This detergent works well on synthetic upholsteries and it requires only a slight gentle rubbing. For harder and more persistent stains – you may need a stronger detergent. The degreasing power of the hot water is something to keep in mind, especially when combined with dishwashing detergent and shampoo to form a foamy paste. This solution can remove stains of coffee spills, kitchen grease, butter and more.
- Third, a professional cleaning once a year should be enough for an overall house cleaning, while the leathery upholstered furnishings make no exception. it`s recommended to clean them professionally once a year if you have big pets like cats or dogs and if you let them play on the furniture, as well as small kids or if you are often visited by your friends and guests. There is nothing to beat the professional sanitizing and deodorizing detergents, especially when it comes to deep cleaning upholstery from natural leather.
- Fourth, restoring the shine and texture of heavily soiled upholsteries might be a challenge, but it`s not impossible. Yet it all depends on the degree of staining of the heavily worn leather upholsteries. Ask your upholstery cleaning agency about their special detergents with a pigmentation that can restore the texture and shine of the leather.
- Fifth, the leather upholsteries need plenty of cares to ensure their longer lasting clean effect. This may include and not only:
– use a microfiber cloth. It can absorb moisture through the tiny texture of the leather and therefore to make the typical cleaning more effective.
– spot-clean as soon as the spot appears. Don`t leave it for another time, because it may become much more persistent when it dries onto the leather.
– deodorizing within a couple of months is a great idea if you have big pets. Use the vacuuming machine with the smaller brushed nozzle to get rid of the pet hair between the different parts of the leather object.
– try not to expose the leather upholstery on a sunlight. Place the chairs away from the windows, especially if there is a direct sunlight. It can reduce the moisture in the leather upholstery and therefore to alter the risk of crack formations or discoloration.